The salty-sweet combination of feta cheese and chaat masala is exquisite. If you are all about textures, then you will be all about this salad. Spongy watermelon and feta cheese scented with chaat masala – what more could you ask for? The saltiness of the cheese is a perfect complement to the cool sweetness of the watermelon. An extraordinary combination of both savoury and refreshing at the same time. Whether eaten as a snack, starter or a light meal, that salty-sweet combination going on in this recipe will keep you refreshed.
Prioritising food presentation and food photography, I have created a food group in Facebook. Join us, share your recipe, explore new bloggers and their recipe. Click on the link to join us – Foodie art files
WATERMELON, FETA CHEESE AND CHAAT MASALA SALAD PREPARATION METHOD
Serves – 4
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Ingredients to make Watermelon, feta cheese and chaat masala salad
Seedless watermelon, cut into cubes – 2 cups
Feta cheese, cut into cubes – 200 grams
extra virgin olive oil – 2 Tablespoons
Finely chopped fresh basil and mint – 1 Tablespoons
Rock salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Method to make Watermelon, feta cheese and chaat masala salad
Combine cubes of watermelon, feta cheese and all the ingredients together. Sprinkle with chopped herbs, rock salt, chaat masala and pepper to taste. Toss gently to combine and serve either in skewers or in a serving bowl. Your Watermelon, feta cheese and chaat masala salad is ready!
Recipe for Chaat masala.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Amchoor powder (powdered dried mango) – 4 teaspoons
Roasted cumin seeds, ground – 3 teaspoons
Ground rock salt to taste
Ground black pepper – 1⁄2 teaspoon
Asafoetida powder – 1 pinch
Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
Roasted coriander seed, ground – 1 teaspoon
Ground ginger – 1⁄2 teaspoon
1⁄2 teaspoon roasted fennel seeds
Ajwain – 1⁄2 teaspoon
Ground dried mint – 1⁄4 teaspoon
Red chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Roast whole spices for a few minutes, then grind well. Combine all ingredients, and store in an airtight container.
More similar recipes:
- Deconstructed waldorf salad
- Recipe for caprese salad
- Tandoori chicken salad
- Aloo chana chaat recipe
- Spicy prawn salad
- Cumin potato salad
Watermelon, feta cheese and chaat masala salad
Ingredients to make chaat masala
- 4 tsp amchoor powder dried mango powder
- 3 tsp ground, roasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp roasted coriander seeds, grounded
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp roasted fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp ajwain seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground dried mint
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- rock salt to taste
Ingredients to make watermelon, feta cheese and chaat masala salad
- 2 cups seedless watermelon cut into cubes
- 200 gms feta cheese cut into cubes
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh basil and mint
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- rock salt to taste
Instructions to make Chaat masala powder
- roast whole spices for a few minutes, then grind well. Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
Instructions to make watermelon, feta cheese and chaat masala salad.
- combine cubes of watermelon, feta cheese and all ingredients together.
- sprinkle with chopped herbs, rock salt, chaat masala and pepper to taste.
- toss gently to combine and serve either in a skewers or in a serving bowl.
- watermelon, feta cheese and chaat masala salad is ready.