Deconstruct the components of old favourites and match them back in new ways. Think different!
Deconstructed food is an art form, a style of preparation, presentation which is interesting and can be a masterpiece on your table.
Translate your imaginations on a plate, what particular theme you are going to adopt, what design element it should have, what composition you are going to take on your photograph etc..are the things you need to consider. The overall success of the final product depends on the equilibrium between the elements you used in food, including the garnish and the plate ware.
Experiment yourself, why can’t you give it a try in a cottage pie or even in a samosa. Let me know in your succeed versions. We would like to see how you could transform your creativity in food.
In its history Waldorf Salad was created in Waldorf hotel in New York. The real version of salad contains apples, celery, mayonnaise and walnuts. But so many versions are to be seen in the modern culinary world.
Instructions to make Waldorf Salad
- 6 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sweet apples, red and green cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped, slightly toasted walnuts
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stack red and green slices of apples, with thin slices of celery spreading the mayonnaise mix.
- Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce with walnuts.