Moru curry/ Kalan (Spiced curd/plain yogurt)- How to make a heightened round shaped plate presentation
Always remember “BUFF” when plating food, balance, unity, focus and flow.
Heightened plate presentation consists of placing several elements on top of each other or in an elevated fashion to create a heightening effect. Add height to the plate, either you can add potatoes, rice or pasta, anything which is stable and should accompany the main course. Always think about contrasting the colours as well. Keep in mind that every element in the plate must play an important role in the texture and taste as a whole.
Here we have done Moru curry (spiced curd/ plain yogurt) basmati rice, rainbow salad with honey and wholegrain mustard dressing. For the salad we have used Pearl barley, quinoa, couscous, chickpeas, red peppers, corn, and edamame beans served on Anaheim pepper boat. For the garnish we used dill leaves, watercress, parsley, olives and red peppers.
Moru curry is a simple curd/ plain yogurt based kerala dish which goes well with rice.
Prioritising food presentation and food photography, I have created a food group in Facebook. Join us, share your recipe, explore new bloggers and their recipe. Click on the link to join us – Foodie art files
Moru Curry / spiced yogurt cooking instructions.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
|Buttermilk /Beaten Sour Curd||500 ml|
|Ginger||2 tsp chopped|
|hallots/Small onion||2 nos chopped|
|Green chili||to taste chopped|
|Dry red chili||2 nos|
|Tumeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coconut Oil /Cooking Oil||1 tbsp to temper the ingredient|
1.Beat the curd well to make it smooth. If you want add little bit of water for a better consistency
2. Add water a little at a time blending it to keep it smooth
3. Heat oil in a pan & splutter mustard & fenugreek seeds.
4. Add dry red chilli, chopped small onion, green chillies, chopped ginger, curry leaves, sauté it for a minute.
5. Add turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
6. Add buttermilk/ well beaten sour curd and mix well.
7. Keep it on medium-low heat with continuous stirring till the mix foams up and rises again ( never bring it to boil. Yogurt will split) It will take around 5 minutes.
8. Remove from fire, stir for a few more minutes. Serve with rice.