Love mushrooms? This dish is so easy and tasty! Serve spicy sautéed mushrooms as a side dish or appetizer – so versatile!!! Or maybe you have a package of mushrooms that needs rescuing? That’s how I came up with this recipe – These sautéed mushrooms are easy, juicy, and really, really good! To be honest, we ate up most of them right out of the pan. Our mushroom loving friends will really enjoy this recipe.
Koon fry/ Spicy sautéed mushrooms – Instructions to cook.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
button mushrooms 1pck
shallots 4-5 sliced
onion medium sized, chopped fine 1/2
garlic 2 cloves sliced
green chillies 3-4
pepper powder 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder 1/3 tsp
grated coconut 1/3 cup
mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
curry leave a sprig
salt to taste
oil 2-3 tsp
1) Wash the mushrooms and pat dry on a paper towel.
2) Finely chop the mushrooms.
3) Heat a pan with oil. Splutter mustard seeds on medium flame and then add the fennel seeds.
4) Add in the finely chopped onion, shallots, green chillies, garlic and curry leaves. Sauté till the onions become golden brown.
5) Add in the turmeric powder and pepper powder. Sauté half a minute and then add the finely chopped mushroom. Toss it well, add salt.
6) Cover and cook for 5 minutes, wait till the mushroom changes its colour.
7) Add in the grated coconut, cover and leave on low heat for 2 minutes. Add salt to taste.
8) Make shure that there is no moisture left out and the dish is dry. Your Koon fry is ready to serve.