In modern restaurants you would have seen beautiful food platings which requires some creativity. The easiest tip to learn this is look around. We are surrounded by food presentations in magazines, TV, decoration ideas and much more. Every time a pattern of enjoyment is developed, please try to imagine how you are going to connect your ingredients in your plate.
Like any other art, the first important thing is to think your project in hand, wether it is a starter, main course or a dessert. In enjoying food, first impression is the visual appearance followed by the aromas and the taste. Cooking good food is a pure art.
Tandoori chicken is a rich, delicious yet healthy dish which is not too spicy, with tender chicken marinated in yogurt and spices. It is traditionally cooked in clay oven called tandoor. Here we have used minced chicken breast with spiced rolled and cooked. Served cold as a salad with coriander sauce.
One of my favourite places of work in kitchen was garde manger (a cool storage area for food). In modern chef hierarchy the chef garde manger job is centered around the food preparation are that produces items like salads, appetisers, pates and cold foods. Usually they serve the banquet hall functions, which was always on of my favourite places of work. I loved creating those edible food displays like Ice carvings, butter sculptures, bread sculptures, cheese carvings, gelatine works on the mirrors, cold cut presentations and much more. Enjoy cooking!!
Tandoori chicken salad.
- 2 small chicken breasts (minced)
- 1/4 cup Low fat natural Yoghurt
- 2 tbls tandoori paste or powder (usually available in Indian grocery ships)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1teaspoon crushed ginger
- Squeeze Lime
- salt and pepper to taste
Dressing – Corriander chutney
- In a bowl place the tandoori paste with yoghurt, garlic and ginger and mix with minced chicken breast.
- If the chicken is very thick, give a belt between some cling film so it is nearly even. Make sure all chicken is covered with mixture. Marinate for at least ½ hour, more if time prevails .
- Turn heat to med-high and cook for around 20 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked take off heat and sit on a board. Squeeze ½ lime onto chicken. Slice the chicken and arrange on to salad in your plate.
- Your salad is ready to serve.
Prioritising food presentation and food photography, I have created a food group in Facebook. Join us, share your recipe, explore new bloggers and their recipe. Click on the link to join us – Foodie art files