- 750 gms chicken on bone (cut into medium sized pieces)
- turmeric powder
- coriander powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 6 tbsp yogurt
- 4 cloves
- 4 cherry tomatoes (for garnish)
- 1 ginger (julienne for garnish)
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt (to taste)
- 1 blanched spinach (bunch)
- 1 fresh mint leaves (chopped (bunch)
- fresh coriander leaves (hopped) (bunch)
- 2 green chillies (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
For the paste, put spinach, mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, fennel seeds and coconut with a little water in a mixer jar and grind to a fine paste.
Finely chop onions. Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan; add cloves and onions and sauté for a minute.
Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chicken and salt and mix well. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes. Add the ground paste and mix well.
Add yogurt and mix well. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
Transfer Nilgiri chicken into a serving bowl and serve hot garnished with ginger and tomatoes.
Calories: 647kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 188mg | Sodium: 246mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 288IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Vitamin E: 2mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg